Basic Baby Booties Crochet Pattern
- 3.75mm hook
- DK or worsted weight yarn
- For help on any of the stitches, check out the ebook
1. First of all, start with chain 11. HDC 9, starting in the second chain from the hook. Work 5 HDC into the next space. Now, turn the piece and work 9 HDC into the other side of the chain. 4 HDC into the next space. This is the first round.
2. Work 2 HDC into the next space. HDC 9, then work 2 HDC into each of the next 3 spaces. HDC 11, then 2 HDC into each of the next 2.
3. Work 2 HDC into the next space, then HDC 13. Work 2 HDC into each of the next 3 spaces. HDC 14, then HDC 2 into the next space.
4. Skip the next space, and slip stitch into the next 2 spaces.
5. For one row, HDC through the back loops only. Slip stitch to join to the first HDC of the round.
6. HDC 1, work 1 HDC decrease, HDC 30, work 1 HDC decrease, HDC 3, and slip stitch to the first HDC of the round.
7. Work 7 SC, 10 DC decreases, 7 SC, slip stitch to the first SC of the round.
8. Work 1 HDC, 1 HDC decrease, 6 HDC, 4 HDC decreases, 6 HDC, and 1 HDC decrease. Slip stitch to the first HDC of the round. Fasten off and weave in any loose ends. Now, just make another and you’re done with the basic baby booties!
Finally, embellish it any way you like!
Because it’s so simple and unisex, I really like this basic baby booties pattern.Of course, you can always make the booties more masculine/feminine by changing a few things. I changed the colors to achieve the looks I wanted, but you can also embellish these with little bows or tassels or anything else you like.
I hope you enjoyed this pattern. If you did, please share it and let me know in the comments! If you haven’t already checked out The Beginner’s Guide to Crochet yet, what are you waiting for?! It’s available for free over in the resource library, in addition to some other freebies. And since you’ve reached the bottom of this post, you can easily subscribe in the box below. Then, you’ll receive the password in your email.