Cookies & Cream Scarf: Infinity Scarf Crochet Pattern

by Shehla Ahmed

In need of something quick and easy for a last-minute present? One of my favorites for beginners is this infinity scarf crochet pattern because it works up fast with thick yarn and a big hook. This sophisticated black-and-white infinity scarf crochet pattern is versatile and soft as a cloud. It’s worked in simple rounds and can be worn in 3 ways so it matches everything. I made this to fit close to the neck, doubled, but you can make it as big as you want. This Cookies & Cream Infinity Scarf crochet pattern is great for gifting and even selling finished scarves because it works up so quickly.

I love how easy it is to make this scarf, which is why I include it in my free ebook The Beginner’s Guide to Crochet. In the ebook, you’ll find this infinity scarf crochet pattern along with 11 other free patterns, tutorials and tips. Plus, once you’ve made the scarf, there are so many ways to wear it. You can have it arranged so that it’s all white, or all black, or so that you get both colors showing through at once. However you decide to wear it, I think it’s awesome and it would make a really great gift too!

You can play around with colors for this infinity scarf crochet pattern and really make it your own. I used bulky merino wool in classic colors to make something lush and elegant, but still cozy. However, you can just as easily use bright colors for something more fun and Springy!

The full free pattern is written out below. For those who’d prefer to print the pattern and take it with you for on-the-go and to markup as you go, you can buy the inexpensive printable PDF from my Etsy and Ravelry shops. The PDF is formatted without ads or comments, so it’s easy to read.

Buy the printable PDF on Etsy.

Buy the printable PDF on Ravelry.

Materials:

* denotes affiliate links

Abbreviations:

Pattern Notes:

• Skill level: Beginner
  • Sizing: 55 inches long x 8 inches wide
  • Gauge: 2 sts/inch x 1 row/inch

Cookies & Cream Infinity Scarf Crochet Pattern

Start with the black yarn.

Round 1: Make a slip knot and create a chain that is as long as you want the scarf to be. The exact count doesn’t really matter, but for my scarf of 55 inches, chain 100. Feel free to make your chain longer if you want it to be a little looser. With this infinity scarf crochet pattern, you can make it as long as you like or make it shorter to fit a child.

Without twisting your chain, join to work in the round by working a slip stitch into the first space. You should now have a big loop.

Round 2: Chain 2. Work one DC in each space around. At the end of the round, slip stitch to the chain 2 to finish the round.
Rounds 3-6: Repeat the previous round for 4 more rounds.

Switch to the white yarn.

Rounds 7-11: Repeat round 3 for another 5 rounds. At the end of the last round, BO and weave in any loose ends with your tapestry needle. Trim the excess yarn and you’re done!

I cannot get over how soft and luxurious this merino wool feels. It’s the perfect yarn for a scarf that’s going to be worn close to the skin and it was quick and easy to make! This would be a great little accessory for when it’s so cold you need lots of layers, but also nice on its own when you just need a little something against the Spring chill. Either way, have fun making and wearing this infinity scarf crochet pattern.

This is one of 12 free beginner patterns!

This infinity scarf crochet pattern was originally from my free ebook The Beginner’s Guide to Crochet, along with 11 other patterns designed for beginners. In this ebook, I share 12 basic crochet tutorials starting with how to create a slip knot and foundation chain to how to change colors and seam pieces together. I also go over some tips to help you get started with crochet and a list of my favorite resources. Plus, there are 12 easy patterns with written and video instructions!

If you haven’t already grabbed the book, you can click the image below to get your copy for free!

Thanks so much for hanging out and crocheting with me today! I love how this scarf turned out and I hope you give it a try too. Don’t forget to check out the ebook and if you want to stay in the loop, you can also subscribe to the weekly newsletter. Just fill out your name and email down below and you’ll be signed up to get free patterns, tips, and resources sent to your inbox every week!

See you soon šŸ™‚

Visit my pattern shops on Ravelry, Craftsy, and Etsy to buy the printable PDFs of all my patterns. They’re ad-free, comment-free and your support helps me run The Blue Elephants so I can continue publishing free patterns here.

My material lists sometimes include affiliate links (denoted with a *) for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to products I personally use, love, and recommend. You can read more about this in my Disclosure.

I worked hard on this pattern, so please be respectful and do not sell or redistribute this pattern as your own. If you sell finished items made using this pattern, credit The Blue Elephants as the designer and link back to the blog post or the Etsy pattern link. For any other questions, read my Terms of Use or contact me

You may also like

36 comments

The Lemonade Scarf: Free Crochet Scarf Pattern | November 7, 2018 - 7:27 pm

[…] Related: Cookies & Cream Crochet Scarf Pattern […]

Julie November 3, 2018 - 7:57 pm

I love this monochrome look. What a great easy looking pattern.

Shehla Ahmed November 7, 2018 - 8:33 pm

Me too! I love that I can wear it with anything!

FREE Patterns: Crochet Boot Cuffs (2 versions) | October 30, 2018 - 4:56 pm

[…] Related: 3-in-1 Infinity Scarf FREE Pattern […]

Free Knitting Pattern: Baby Pumpkin Beanie | October 29, 2018 - 10:48 pm

[…] 3-in-1 Infinity Scarf FREE Crochet Pattern […]

Ava Kumari December 18, 2017 - 2:36 am

This scarfs looks so amazing. Even the color combination you have chosen are very nice.

Shehla Ahmed December 24, 2017 - 3:09 pm

Thank you! A black and white combo is always so classic and pretty šŸ™‚

Edna Siu July 10, 2017 - 1:48 am

Shehla,
I received the email about the ebook, it is colorful and lots of pictures to show every step to learn crochet, it is wonderful. However, I would like to see more video tutorials which are a lot more easier to follow and more importantly, I can always pause and repeat again and again if I cannot catch up or cannot understand. I hope that you can have more videos in the future. Thanks again.

Shehla | The Blue Elephants July 10, 2017 - 4:27 pm

Thanks Edna! I’m glad you like it. How can I improve the videos in the future? I’m still new to recording so I’d love to know what would make them easier to follow.

Edna Siu July 11, 2017 - 8:34 pm

Shehla, I saw your video tutorials, they are wonderful and easy to follow, you have done a great job, keep it going, and you will improve in no time. If it is possible, add some simple captions of what you are making, e.g. how many stitches.
I believe all your fans are looking forward to seeing you video-tutorials. I can’t wait. I am excited.

Shehla | The Blue Elephants July 12, 2017 - 3:39 pm

Edna, all the videos are on Youtube, so you can turn the captions on! Just click the gear icon for settings and turn on the CC/subtitles buttons.

Robin February 5, 2017 - 6:23 am

Hello,
I am also teaching myself to crochet and love this scarf. My question is did you DC your chain before you joined them?
Thanks you.

Shehla Ahmed February 5, 2017 - 8:53 am

Yes, I did! It’s easier to keep the chain straight when you join that way.

Susan Harrison December 11, 2016 - 11:23 am

Lovely scarf. Is it made with a 10.5 mm hook as described or a K, 6.5mm hook as pictured?

Shehla Ahmed December 11, 2016 - 12:13 pm

A K hook! Mine didn’t have the size on it so I looked it up. I must have looked at the wrong thing though. Thanks for catching it!

Carol October 15, 2016 - 9:32 am

Beautiful scarf and looks easy too. Pinned and tweeted! Thanks for sharing.

Shehla Ahmed October 15, 2016 - 1:37 pm

Thank you! It’s super simple once you get the basic stitches down šŸ™‚

Michelle October 15, 2016 - 3:20 am

That’s so pretty Shehla. I’ve never learnt how to crochet, but this makes me want to so much. I’ll be checking out your Crochet 101 tutorial, I think that might be just the perfect start for me.

Shehla Ahmed October 15, 2016 - 1:36 pm

Thank you, Michelle! That’s how I started crocheting too.

I started when I saw a specific pattern that I loved and I knew I wanted to be able to make it myself. So, I look around all over online to find resources like the Crochet 101 series and I slowly taught myself to crochet. All to make that one hat I loved so much, but it was worth it! Once you get the hang of it, I know you’ll love crocheting!

Beverly September 24, 2016 - 9:01 am

Your infinity scarf is lovely! It looks so soft and warm. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle. I’ll be featuring this at today’s party. Hope to see you there!

Shehla Ahmed September 24, 2016 - 1:24 pm

Thanks Beverly! I’m so glad you liked it and chose to feature it šŸ™‚

Charlotte Burkholder September 18, 2016 - 2:15 pm

I love this. I can’t crochet but I may share with my sister inlaw who does.

Shehla Ahmed September 18, 2016 - 8:20 pm

Thanks, Charlotte! I hope your sister-in-law likes them too!

Keri August 11, 2016 - 9:15 pm

What a pretty scarf!! I love how it’s versatile!! Thanks for sharing the pattern!!

Shehla Ahmed August 12, 2016 - 7:02 pm

Thank you! And I love that it’s so easy and quick to work up.

Shehla Ahmed April 19, 2016 - 2:24 am

Thanks, Brittany!

Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl April 19, 2016 - 2:21 am

I love the versatility of your infinity scarf! Nice job, Shehla.

Shehla Ahmed April 10, 2016 - 11:50 pm

I'll be sure to drop by!

Shehla Ahmed April 10, 2016 - 11:50 pm

You can always subscribe for the free ebook that teaches how to crochet! It's called the Beginner's Guide to Crochet and it is exactly that!

Pili Gomez April 10, 2016 - 11:41 pm

Hi Shehla! Stopping by again to invite you to share this with us at our new Sweet Inspiration party, http://sweethings.net/sweet-inspiration-link-party1/

Hugs!

Charlene Bullinger Asay April 6, 2016 - 12:52 am

This is a beautiful scarf. I really want to learn to crochet. Thanks for sharing with us all.

Jeanne February 4, 2016 - 8:34 pm

It's a great scarf! I love to crochet and this seems really easy to do. I do have to crochet for my family members up in Ohio as it's not cold enough here in Florida to wear a crocheted scarf!

Christine @ Rustic & Refined January 31, 2016 - 7:13 pm

Beautiful scarf! I love the colors you chose, they'd go with almost any outfit. Thanks so much for linking up with the Table It Link Party and I hope you found some new friends and gained some good traffic from it also.

Xo,
Christine

Jess January 30, 2016 - 7:36 pm

This turned out SO pretty!!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Pili Gomez January 30, 2016 - 6:27 pm

Shehla, it looks pretty!

Crochet Hooks January 24, 2016 - 9:45 pm

love this 3-1 infinity scarf! love the colors too – elegant, classic and timeless! Thanks for the pattern!

470 Shares