You know I love me some plushies and dolls and toys of all kinds, right? Well, for my last guest post with Marie of Underground Crafter, I shared a pattern for a crochet wolf pup named Remus. He’s super cute and easy to make, so head on over there to check out his pattern. But today, Marie is sharing with us a roundup of 21 more animal softies to make!
Over to Marie!
This is the last in my series of 3 guest posts on The Blue Elephants. (If you missed my first two visits, check out 21 Free Crochet Patterns for Loveys and 21 Free Crochet Patterns for Colorful Blankets.) I’m Marie Segares from Underground Crafter and on my blog, you can find free crochet and knitting patterns, sewing and Cricut tutorials, and all types of crafty inspiration.
Animal softies are so much fun to make and gift, and if you sell products at craft fairs, you may find they are popular there, too! I’ve searched the web to find you 21 patterns including some of the most popular animals (real and imagined) for kids. Images are © the respective designers and are used with permission.
21 Free Crochet Patterns for Amigurumi Animal Softies
Roundup by Underground Crafter
1. Remus the Wolf Pup Plushie by The Blue Elephants: This cute canine crochets up using basic stitches.
2. Dash the Dog by Yarn Society: This adorable pup has an eye patch and a bandana!
3. Tiger Bittie Bumble by Crochet 365 Knit Too: This micro critter is one in a series of small amigurumi animals.
4. Classic Floppy-Eared Bunny by One Dog Woof: This adorable softie is crocheted with a textured, bulky yarn to create a squishy feel.
5. Bon Bon Bears by All About Ami: This pattern includes several variations for different types of bears.
6. Mini Amigurumi Turtle Friend by Rebeckah’s Treasures: The pattern for this critter includes detailed progress photos.
7. Cat Squishy by Goddess Crochet: These cute little cat heads can be made in different sizes by adjusting the yarn and hook sizes.
8. Cuddly Lion and Panda by Emma Varnam: These sweet creatures are embellished with classic granny squares.
9. Buttercup Penguin Pal by Love Life Yarn: This critter works up quickly using a bulky yarn.
10. Snowicorn by Dora Does: This mystical creature combines the magic of a unicorn with the friendliness of a snowman!
11. Giraffe Plushie by The Blue Elephants: This adorable softie is almost two feet tall!
12. Narwhal Kawaii Cuddler by 3amgracedesigns: This “unicorn of the sea” is large enough for cuddling.
13. Pig by Crafty is Cool: This petite pig can be overstuffed to make it more portly.
14. Eloise Unicorn by Maria’s Blue Crayon: This adorable, sleepy unicorn has fabulous hair with detailed instructions on how to attach it.
15. Nelly the Hippo by Lucia Forthmann: This huggable hippo can be made in fantastical colors (like the sample) or naturals.
16. Baby Monkey by Oombawka Design: This cute little creature is crocheted in two colors of yarn.
17. Sloth by Mohu: The pattern for these micro creatures includes both written abbreviations and international stitch symbols.
18. Koala by The Friendly Red Fox: This adorable character accessorizes with a scarf!
19. Hygge Hedgehog by Hooked by Kati: This expressive creature is made with a combination of smooth and textured yarn for a great look.
20. Hedgwig the Snow Owl by Malloo: This simple pattern is an easy introduction to amigurumi.
21. Otter Amigurmi by YARNutopia: This pattern includes a video tutorial.
Did you find inspiration for your next project? I hope so. If you’re still looking for more crochet inspiration, check out my Crochet Amigurumi Pinterest board. You can also find a ton of crochet plushies from Shehla here on The Blue Elephants!
It has been so fun having Marie share with us here on The Blue Elephants and getting to share my patterns over on her blog, Underground Crafter. If you missed any of the posts, I’ve linked all of them below for you.
That’s all for today. I can’t wait to get into more holiday-themed patterns; I already made a head start on some new plushies! If you’re new here, be sure to subscribe to get the weekly newsletter with new free patterns, tips, and freebies delivered right to your inbox so you never miss an update.
I’m so close to reaching my goal of 10K, and it would be amazing if you could help me get them by the end of the year! Just fill out your name and email at the end of this post and you’re done!
See you soon 🙂