There’s just something about a handmade crochet blanket that’s special. If you guys know me, you know that I’m all about colors and bright patterns and I try to incorporate that as much as I can into my designs. I recently shared a post on Underground Crafter for a colorful hexagon blanket called the Candy Shop Blanket. And now, Marie is taking over today’s post to share with you 21 free crochet patterns for colorful blankets!
Over to Marie!
It’s great to be back here visiting with you and Shehla! I’m Marie Segares from Underground Crafter and, if we haven’t met before, I share free crochet and knitting patterns, sewing and Cricut tutorials, and all types of crafty inspiration on my blog.
The last time I visited, I shared 21 free crochet patterns for critter lovies and today I’m sharing 21 colorful blanket patterns. There is nothing quite like a crochet blanket. I love to make them and gift them, and, most of all, to actually use them myself! (My cats like crochet blankets a lot, too.) I’ve searched the internet to find beautiful and vibrant colorful crochet blankets to share with you today so grab your hook and get ready to find your next project.
21 Free Crochet Patterns for Colorful Blankets
1. Hudson Blanket by The Blue Elephants: This bold and beautiful fleece-backed hexagon blanket has a fun bobble border.
2. Classic Granny With a Twist by Underground Crafter: This motif blanket takes 6 variations on the traditional granny square and turns them on point for a striking look.
3. Simply Sweet Baby Blanket by Leelee Knits: This textured, striped baby blanket pattern includes both written and charted instructions.
4. Sleepy Blocks Blankie by Moogly: This squishy blanket uses a self-striping yarn to make the colorwork easy. It also includes both right and left handed video tutorials.
5. 3D Flower Afghan by Crochet Dreamz: This striped blanket includes photo and video tutorials for crocheting the blankets right into the blanket to make them more secure with fewer ends to weave in.
6. Malia Baby Blanket by Yarn + Chai: This color-blocked, textured blanket is part of the Malia pattern series using the Large Bean Stitch.
7. Happy Blanket by Frankie Brown: This vibrant motif pattern mixes up 12 different colors to create a rainbow look.
8. V-Stitch Granny Blanket by Maria’s Blue Crayon: This continuous motif afghan can be easily adjusted in size by adding repeats.
9. Cake Yarn Scrapghan by Left in Knots: This pattern mimics the look of a scrap yarn blanket with self-striping cake yarns to minimize the number of ends you’ll need to weave in.
10. Jeanette at Sunset by Look At What I Made: This beautiful motif blanket pattern includes helpful progress pictures and a diagonal joining diagram.
11. Flower Pop Granny Square Blanket by The Purple Poncho: This textured motif blanket has very different looks from the front and the back.
12. Rise and Shine Blanket by Petals to Picots: This corner-to-corner (c2c) blanket is made with a self-striping yarn that does the colorwork for you.
13. Candy Shop Baby Blanket by The Blue Elephants: This colorful hexagon blanket uses an easy slip stitch join to minimize the number of ends you’ll need to weave in.
14. Ombré Heart Corner-to-Corner Blanket by 5 Little Monsters: This simple graphed pattern is a great introduction to c2c charts.
15. Love Bear Rainbow Baby Blanket by Nana’s Crafty Home: This adorable circle blanket includes appliqued characters and a rainbow with textured clouds.
16. Willow Chair Throw Blanket by Rescued Paw Designs: This striped blanket uses a simple stitch pattern and is crocheted with a chunky yarn so it works up quickly and is thick and cuddly.
17. Grandmother’s Flower Garden Hexagon Blanket by Make and Do Crew: This modern twist on the classic scrappy hexagon blanket uses a mix of yarn cakes and solid yarn.
18. Scrapsadelic Groovy Blanket by Creative Crochet Workshop: This wild and carefree scrap blanket pattern is available in eight parts.
19. Jazzberry Baby Blanket by Stitches n Scraps: This striking striped blanket is made using the intermeshing crochet technique and includes photo and video tutorials.
20. Berry Cupcake Baby Blanket by The Lavender Chair: This one-piece baby blanket is crocheted with a multi-color yarn.
21. Marshmallow Twist Baby Blanket by Crochet Kim: This striped Tunisian crochet blanket includes several video tutorials to guide you through the pattern.
I hope you found the inspiration for your next project, but if not, check out this roundup of 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Baby Blankets on Underground Crafter. You can also check out the 21 free crochet lovies here.
Thanks so much for reading! If you like this, be sure to subscribe using the box down below to get free patterns, tips, tutorials, and more delivered right to your inbox every week! You’ll also get exclusive freebies and news of any yarny deals I come across. Let me know in the comments below which of these colorful blankets is your favorite!
See you soon 🙂
Visit my pattern shops on Ravelry, Craftsy, and Etsy to buy the printable PDFs of all my patterns. They're ad-free, comment-free and your support helps me run The Blue Elephants so I can continue publishing free patterns here.
My material lists sometimes include affiliate links (denoted with a *) for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to products I personally use, love, and recommend. You can read more about this in my Disclosure.